Picture this: You’ve been happily married for ten years and you cozy up to your spouse on the sofa after a long day. You glance up above the fireplace mantle and see the original painting of you both together on your wedding day. The memories rush back to you as you reminisce on the happiest day of your life surrounded by music, dancing, laughter, and family. Your house guests still remember (and talk about) watching the artist capture the moment in the painting you now proudly display in your home.
Live event painting is becoming a popular form of entertainment at wedding receptions that gives the couple something to cherish for the rest of their lives!
Here’s how it works: Artist Steph Moraca arrives approximately one hour prior to the start of the scheduled painting scene time to set up her easel and begin to capture the elements of the room on canvas. As guests walk by, they are eager to see what the artist is working on! Ms. Moraca continues to paint the scene, adding the wedding couple during a specific moment of the night- for example, cutting the cake, sharing their first dance, or toasting to the guests at their table. Steph Moraca will interact with guests in a positive manner to keep them entertained and excited about the painting throughout the evening! The painting is completed in further detail in the artist’s studio following the event and is delivered or shipped to the client up to 17 weeks later.
All Packages Include:
Live event painting is a great form of entertainment not only at weddings, but at any special event. Corporate parties, bar and bat mitzvah's, family reunions, charity golf outings, or any large event make the perfect occasion for live event painting. Your guests will get a great form of entertainment, and you will get a unique, eternalized memory.
Your guests will love it! Live painting is just beginning to break out as a popular form of entertainment at weddings, so they will remember it! You also receive a beautiful, original painting on canvas to display in your home and remember the feeling of your special day. If you book live painting for a corporate event, the painting may be donated to raise money for a charitable cause at the end of the event.
Live painting captures the feeling of the day in a way photography and digital editing cannot. The artist can place people into the painting aesthetically, and focus the piece on the bride and groom. Live painting is also entertaining and exciting for guests to observe!
The artist simply needs a small table and a nearby outlet for lighting during a live painting event. The venue or a planner typically arranges this prior to the event. Artist Steph Moraca brings the paint, canvas, easels, brushes, lighting, and cleaning materials. If the venue requires a drop cloth to be placed on the floor in the painting area, she has one available.
A non-refundable installment of 25% of package cost is due upon booking your live painting event. The remaining 75% payment is due one week prior to the event date. If the event is cancelled less than 7 days before the event but greater than 48 hours prior to the event, the 75% payment will be refunded to the client. Refunds are not available for cancellations made within 48 hours of the scheduled live painting event.
Artist Steph Moraca can create a custom commissioned painting from one of your wedding photos!Order Commission
Artist Steph Moraca typically dresses in semi-formal or dressy casual attire (i.e. a knee length black dress), and will wear a smock over her clothing while painting. She puts forth her best effort to match the dress code expected at the event.
Shipping or delivery of the completed painting is included in the package pricing, however 7% sales tax is NOT included in the pricing and will be added to the package price.
Artist Steph Moraca is eager to travel from her Pittsburgh, PA art studio across the United States for your wedding or event! There are no additional travel costs for event venues located in the Pittsburgh, PA region. Weddings outside the Pittsburgh area vary from $150 to $1,000 in added travel costs depending on the event location. Fill out the request form below find out the added travel cost for your venue location.
Absolutely! Artist Steph Moraca can include deceased friends or family members to a wedding painting as if they were right there with you. These people would be added to the painting AFTER the live painting session (from the artist’s studio) by referencing photos of them provided by the client. It is very helpful to have multiple reference photos that accurately show the deceased person(s) face, full figure, and height in comparison to the wedding couple.
Adding specific guests to the painting other than the wedding couple will incur additional costs of $40 per person.
Fill out the form below. The Artist typically responds within 48 hours.